GEORGIA – According to the statement, the board approved the plan during its July 20 meeting.
Elementary schools will start the school year Thursday, Aug. 5. K-8 schools, middle schools, high schools, and eSchool will start back Monday, Aug. 9.
All Richmond County middle and high schools will host an open house on Monday, Aug. 2 from noon to 6 p.m. All elementary and K-8 schools will host an open house on Wednesday, Aug. 3 from Noon to 6 p.m.
Information for new and returning families about the 2021-2022 school year is available on the school system website at rcboe.org/BacktoSchool.
This year, the school system will be providing new resources for students, including:
- More opportunities for one-on-one tutoring and targeted tutoring support
- Personalized learning paths to support individualized learning
- New exciting digital content and instructional resources for all
- Increased course offerings for secondary students for enrichment and credit recovery
- Rollout of district 1:1 technology initiative
- K-3 phonics to support reading
- Updated K-5 mathematics instructional resources
In addition, schools will providing more wellness and support for students
- More mental health services will be available for students, such as one-on-one couseling, school-wide wellness campaigns, training for positive school culture, and crisis management
- More staff will be available to connect families with resources and provide ongoing support
- More direct services will be offered for students with learning differences and disabilities
- RCSS will continue to adhere to the most recent COVID guidelines issued by the Georgia Department of Public Health (GADPH) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Robust safety protocols are in place at school campuses and RCSS facilities, including needed personal protective equipment, frequent disinfecting, and hand washing. Increased staffing to effectively clean and disinfect schools.
- Restrooms and handwashing sinks in classrooms are stocked with soap and paper towels. Hand sanitizer stations are available in locations throughout all school campuses.
- RCSS encourages students ages 12 and older, staff and family members to receive vaccinations through GAPDH, AU Health, or the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program.