Augusta, GA – Officials have announced that 20 projects amounting to $62,449,245 will be awarded from the American Rescue Plan and the State Fiscal Recovery Fund for these initial award announcements.
Additional awards under this program will be announced in the coming weeks. Projects receiving awards include construction of new affordable housing, improvements to existing properties, and assistance for those experiencing mental health problems while homeless.
Housing insecurity issues were exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, leading to more individuals and families facing uncertainty about their living situation. Each project was chosen following a competitive application process.
▪ 3Keys, Inc.: $4,930,601.00
▪ Advocates for Bartow’s Children, Inc.: $2,695,000.00
▪ Athens Area Habitat for Humanity, Inc.: $4,326,703.00
▪ Atlanta Land Trust: $808,427.00
▪ Decatur Housing Initiatives Corporation: $2,000,000.00
▪ Ebenezer Building Foundation: $5,000,000.00
▪ Focused Community Strategies:$2,500,000.00
▪ Georgia Works, Inc.: $5,000,000.00
▪ Habitat For Humanity Troup County, Inc.: $1,861,400.00
▪ Housing Economic Reinvestment Opportunities, Inc.: $3,850,000.00
▪ Houston Co. Habitat for Humanity: $200,000.00
▪ Mercy Housing Southeast: $5,000,000.00
▪ MicroLife Institute Inc.: $2,500,000.00
▪ Paladin, Inc.: $5,000,000.00 (Cherokee County)
▪ Paladin, Inc.: $1,987,114.00 (Manchester City)
▪ Quest Community Development Organization, Inc.: $5,000,000.00
▪ Resource Housing Group, Inc. and Staff: $2,290,000.00
▪ SUMMECH Community Development, Inc.: $1,000,000.00
▪ Tapestry Development Group, Inc.: $1,500,000.00
▪ West Georgia STAR: $5,000,000.00