ATLANTA, Ga. — We’re breaking down the trends and relaying information from across the state of Georgia as it comes in, bringing perspective to the data and context to the trends.
Visit the 11Alive coronavirus page for comprehensive coverage, find out what you need to know about Georgia specifically, learn more about the symptoms, and keep tabs on the cases around the world.
State and federal officials with the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are continually monitoring the spread of the virus. They are also working hand-in-hand with the World Health Organization to track the spread around the world and to stop it.
THE LATEST DATA:
- As of 3 p.m., there have been 17,785 deaths in Georgia, an increase of 20 since the previous day Over the last 14 days (5/1-5/14), the average daily increase in newly reported deaths was 16.14 deaths each day. Over the previous 14-day period (4/17-4/30), the average daily increase in newly reported deaths was 27.07.
- There have been 889,417 cases confirmed in Georgia, an increase of 633 since the previous day. Over the last 14 days, the average daily increase in newly confirmed cases was 683.07 new cases a day. Over the previous 14-day period, the average daily increase in newly confirmed cases was 920.
- There have been 62,578 total patients hospitalized in Georgia during the pandemic, an increase of 75 since the previous day according to the Department of Public Health’s cumulative total. Over the last 14 days, the average daily increase in new patients was 71.14 new patients a day. Over the previous 14-day period, the average daily increase in new patients was 91.71.
- The Georgia Emergency Management Agency began reporting current statewide hospitalizations on May 1. That day they reported 1,500 current hospitalizations. The agency discontinued its daily report on Sept. 5 pointing instead to the newly created Georgia COVID-19 Data Hub.
- According to Georgia’s new database, as of May 14, there were 927 current hospitalizations – a decrease of 28 hospitalizations from the previous day.